Embedded Hardware Engineer
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Enduro Pipeline Services is a leader in the Pipeline Inspection Industry providing integrity solutions for the pipeline community in North America.
Our specialty services include advanced intelligent in line inspection MFL services incorporating multiple high-definition technology-based tools, caliper surveys, GIS solutions and various pipeline cleaning tools. As a result of our continued growth and commitment to research and development we have the desire to expand our Operations and Engineering capacity in Calgary, Alberta.
As an integral member of the Enduro engineering team you demonstrate the ability to design, manage and execute successful product releases. Working on the continuous improvement to the Pipeline inspection vehicles multi-channel recording and data acquisition systems incorporating various technology inputs. You have a working knowledge of embedded hardware design. Experience in VHDL for FPGA/CPLDs, 32 bit microcontrollers, and communication interfaces are required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and implementation of embedded controls using FPGA and micro controllers.
- Architect, develop, document, and debug VHDL for FPGA/CPLDs.
- Develop test strategies, verification requirements and test reports (QC/QA).
- Work with project management, hardware development, and software development teams to deliver successful compete solutions.
- Provide technical support across a broad portfolio of existing products and new products.
- Contribute to system architectures for multi-channel data acquisition systems.
- Contribute to the project proposals, schedules, and milestones.
- Communicate project status and recommendations to management.
- Other related task as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Degree in Computer/Electronics/Electrical Engineering from an Accredited University or College.
- Experience as an Embedded Hardware Engineer (minimum 6 years).
- Strong experience with complex FPGA design (VHDL or Verilog) with a strong verification & simulation ethic (minimum 4 years).
- Experience with hardware debugging at board level using multimeters, logic analyzers, & oscilloscopes.
- Experience with version control software (ex: SVN, Git).
- Capable of concise and effective written and verbal communication within technical and non-technical environments.
- Valid passport and driver’s license as some minimal travel is required.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Nice To Have
- Experience with FPGA system on chip architectures.
- Experience with programming in C/C++ for real time / Linux embedded systems.
- Experience with Linux Kernel Hardware Drivers.
- Experience with C, C++, & Python on Linux.
- Experience with unit testing & continuous integration for embedded systems.
- Experience with mixed signal systems design.
- Experience with reading electrical schematic and PCB layout designs.
- Experience with hardware design including design requirements, schematic capture, PCB layout, board verification, & test procedure documentation.
- A creative mind and natural curiosity when faced with challenging tasks.
- Complex reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Systems oriented: how a project fits into a complex engineering system and how decisions impact that system.
- Process oriented: looks for ways to improve our design process.
- Previous ILI tool experience would be an asset.
- Calgary, AB, Canada
Enduro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a diverse and engaged work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please send application resumes in confidence: Attention: Enduro HR Manager: HR@enduropls.com
Back to Careers