Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Enduro Pipeline Services is a leader in the Pipeline Inspection Industry providing integrity solutions for the pipeline community in North America.
Our specialty services include advanced intelligent in line inspection MFL services incorporating multiple high-definition technology-based tools, caliper surveys, GIS solutions and various pipeline cleaning tools. As a result of our continued growth and commitment to research and development we have the desire to expand our Engineering and technology capacity in Calgary, Alberta.
As an integral member of the Enduro technology team you demonstrate the ability to design, manage, and execute successful projects across a varied range of technical areas. You will have the opportunity to develop and advance data analysis techniques and sizing algorithms to simulate physical behavior of inspection tools in a pipeline environment.
The key aspect of this position is to understand data. You examine, evaluate, and familiarize yourself with data sets in a relatively short time. Essential for success, you must be able to form an intuitive feel, including doing basic “reality checks”, prior to implementing meaningful algorithmic solutions. You must have a broad working knowledge across multiple disciplines such as math, statistics, computer science, and some physics background. You will bring the ability to mine data sets using traditional data analysis and appropriate machine learning techniques and be able to apply these skills to practical situations with real world significance in a fast-paced solutions-oriented organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Work with local and remote subject matter experts to implement algorithmic enhancements to existing data analysis systems.
• Contribute to optimizing and improving algorithm design & performance of new and existing Enduro product offerings.
• Work with engineering and technology teams to implement effective and innovative data solutions in analyzing data from inline inspection tools
• To build and maintain the underlying data structures and MATLAB algorithms for accessing previously obtained “in house” data sets used for several algorithm development applications.
• Assist in identifying and developing value added software products / deliverables using existing data streams.
• Enhance and improve existing sizing algorithms using current best practice techniques in areas of machine learning and regression.
• Other related tasks as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements
• Degree in Engineering / Physics / Math or statistics with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
• Critical thinking skills required for debugging physically un-intuitive software behavior & predictions.
• Experience with MATLAB and Excel is required.
• SQL knowledge and previous experience working with databases / forming queries is also strongly desired.
• Good understanding of Microsoft Windows and proficient with Microsoft office.
• Previous, relevant, ILI experience and / or FEA modeling would be an asset.
• Able to legally work in Canada and travel to the United States.
• Ability to work on location and remote and as part of a larger geographically dispersed team.
• Some travel in North America is required (5-10%).
• Excellent command of the English language (both written and verbal) is required.
• Self-motivated, team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Good time management skills.
Enduro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a diverse and engaged work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Calgary AB, Canada
Competitive wages, comprehensive health coverage, and on the job training.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send application resumes in confidence:Attention: Enduro HR Manager HR@enduropls.com Back to Careers