Data and Algorithms – Engineering Team Lead
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Enduro Pipeline Services is a leader in the Pipeline Inspection Industry providing integrity solutions for the pipeline community in North America.
Our specialty services include advanced intelligent in-line inspection MFL services incorporating multiple high-definition technology-based tools, caliper surveys, GIS solutions and various pipeline cleaning tools. As a result of our continued growth and commitment to research and development we have the desire to expand our Engineering and Technology capacity in Calgary Alberta (Canada) or Tulsa Oklahoma (USA)
Reporting to the Global General Manager (GM), you will have a strong technical expertise in physics and magnetics, as well as experience working with and interpreting ILI datasets at a subject matter expert (SME) level of understanding. You will have an awareness of relevant industry standards & recommended practices that are used within the pipeline community to ensure quality of integrity datasets, as well as an understanding of how to evaluate data/tool compliance using those standards. Additionally, you will be capable of understanding the impact of most engineering changes to a tool design, specifically, in how those changes would likely impact the quality of the end data. The successful candidate will also be asked to provide insight into new technology development projects and will be responsible for supporting their subsequent commercialization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure tool/fleet/company deliverable compliance with various API, ASME, and ANSI / ASNT standards.
- Evaluate technologies for continued improvement in enhancing ILI tool performance throughout product life development cycles.
- Manage a small data engineering team - including optimizing and improving algorithm design & performance of Enduro product offerings.
- Provide feedback to design teams for technology/product requirements and adjustments needed to effectively meet market and client demands.
- Provide technical expertise and support for client-facing initiatives and meetings.
- Effective communication with internal and external executives.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Engineering or Science Degree with preferred accreditation in Physics, Electrical or Mechanical with minimum 10 years related experience.
- Pipeline Integrity Management knowledge or ILI experience is required.
- Previous experience working with industry standards such as API 1163 and ASME B31G etc.
- Working knowledge in Electronics, Mechanical, and Magnetic principles including an understanding of associated impacts on operational demands.
- Experience with MATLAB, Opera (or other FEA software), and SQL would be an asset.
- Previous ILI dataset algorithm development experience is required
- Valid passport and driver’s license as some minimal travel is required (5-10%)
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and organizational skills.
Enduro is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and engaging work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Competitive wages, Comprehensive health coverage, on-the-job training, and fieldwork incentives are offered. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please send application resumes in confidence: Attention: Enduro HR Manager: HR@enduropls.comBack to Careers