AGM Technical Specifications
- Real time PIG pass detection
- Logging capability of up to 16 days of continuous magnetic field and GPS values.
- Adjustable PIG detection parameters. There are three parameters that can be adjusted: magnetic activity indication threshold, PIG pass detection threshold and the PIG pass duration.
- Default values: Magnetic Activity Indication. Threshold is set to 100mG, PIG pass detection threshold is set to 200mG and the PIG pass duration is set to 200ms.
- USB 2.0 download of data
- Automated PIGProg software tools to load GPS and magnetic field data and detect PIG passes
- GPS fix acquired in 40 seconds from cold start. Horizontal GPS accuracy 2m CEP (50% of the time)
- 4 second GPS sampling rate
- 6ms magnetic field sampling rate
- Measurable Gauss readings: 10mG
- Type: Industrial
- -30° C (-20° F) to 55° C (130° F)
- NOTE: Based on Alkaline battery life.
- Approximately 3 days of continuous logging. Colder temperatures will reduce the AGM2 runtime.
- Tested with 8 C Alkaline Batteries
Magnetic Sensor Sensitivity
- <1mG (0.03mG)
- Max Depth PIG Detection: Unspecified
- The AGM2 can detect most tool sizes in pipelines that are 5 feet underground.
- The speed at which the PIG is moving affects PIG pass detection in real-time. Slow moving PIG’s are harder to detect because the changes in the magnetic field aren’t as drastic in real time.
- NOTE: Survey tools have different magnetic field strengths and differences in the permeability of the soil affect the magnetic field detected on the ground. Missed real-time passes may be detected using the PIGProg software since the Magnetic field stored is to be used for post processing